One true
love comes in each existence and she’d been mine for many years. Our daughter
was the love we shared, our wonder, our perfect little angel of whom we thought
most dear and conditioned all our actions for her better life to be. But while
I slept I dreamed that awful dream. I saw my love so intimately known. She lay
seductively upon a velvet suite, more vivid for the fortnight parted. I missed
her touch, her voice and laughter, and had that very day cursed loud the mud,
the swamp, and stupidity.
All I
wished for was to be at home, with my family, with my two girls I loved much
more than life itself. And in that dream I moved toward my lover as she watched
across her shoulder my advance, but neither did she warmly call me on, nor
quiver. Oh no! She turned a darkening shade of darkness and bared her teeth and
was the very picture of repulsion and grew sharp spines protruding from her
back which pressed beneath her skin until it stretched to almost bursting and
it was more horrifying than words can adequately convey.
I awoke in shock and
sat upright with eyes stretched wide to see upon the moon-stained wall the image still. Turning to the shadows, like static
it hovered in the air before me. A glaring form more like an awful lizard. A
pulsing, brooding, tortured picture which stayed before my eyes ‘til morning’s
light brought on distractions of the day. An ominous feeling was jammed into me
like a spear-head, “what meant this message in a
nightmare?”

0 Comments